Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kathy's post - Tragedy and patience

 This week I have my first tragedy to share. My broccoli plants are gone. :( Although they started out strong and were growing rather quickly, they were not able to withstand the elements when I placed them outside last week and thus, they are gone. Don't worry, I didn't put them out in the recent cold weather we had, but I guess the one day of "hardying" that I tried didn't work out for the broccoli. Other bad news, none of my pepper seeds sprouted. I think that they were duds. Will have to try again.

The second photo I've included is my photo of patience. These tiny little green dots that you see are my Bee Balm plants. They are maybe 2cm high, and they've been up for a couple weeks now. What a difference their growth is compared to that of the tomato & broccoli plants which shot up to a height of 1"-2" within a couple weeks.


And the last photo that I've included is one of my tomato plants. It now has it's second set of leaves, yeah! We're continuing well with the tomato plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment