Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kathy's post - They're here!

 We have sprouts! Our tomato, broccoli, snap dragon and zinnia sprouts are up. (Which is the easy part) Now I just have to try not to kill them until they are big enough to go outside in the garden.

I'll admit that I have not been very successful with trying to grow tomatoes from seed, but I'm determined this year I'm going to get at least one of these seeds to make it to a full-grown, tomato-producing plant.

I've also included my assistants in the photos. Bobby is the water boy and Natalie is the destroyer, I mean, soil distributor. We're still waiting for our pepper and Bee Balm seeds to rise. There's no sign of the pepper and I may have one tiny Bee Balm shoot coming out of the soil, but it says that it takes 21 days for the Bee Balm to germinate so I think we have another week to go. It's still VERY warm outside for March. Wondering what April is going to be like... And if it's too warm outside for veggies like lettuce and radishes. Hopefully Mother Nature will cool it for a little bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment